Pardee’s Picks: Bottomless Brunches
After a long week, what better way to kick off the weekend than a delicious meal with family or friends (especially if it means bottomless mimosas or Bloody Marys.) From traditional brunch fare to Vietnamese/French fusion eats, here’s our guide to some of the best brunch spots on the Westside.
- Fresh ingredients from local farmers make Farmshop a must for foodies. We recommend the Crown Maple sticky bun, the long pepper shallot marmalade, Fentiman’s ginger beer gelee, and a rye crostini.
- 225 26th Street Suite 25, Santa Monica, CA 90402
2. Status Kuo
- Status Kuo, a Mar Vista staple, has a brunch menu of fine rotisserie meats and other tasty delicacies. Fan favorites are the “hair of the dog” with hamhocks, rib tips, oxtails and eggs or the fried chicken and biscuits.
- 3809 Grand View Blvd, Mar Vista, CA 90066
3. Superba Food and Bread
- Superba Food and Bread is a bakery, cafe and urban park all in one. With a wide array of toppings for their famous toast, you’ll never leave hungry. This Venice hot-spot was opened by our own Tiffany Rochelle and her husband, Paul Hibler.
- 1900 S. Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
4. East Borough
- Enjoy authentic Vietnamese food with a French twist at one of Culver City’s newest restaurants, East Borough. Choose from their wide selection of bánh mís or satisfy your sweet tooth with a Vietnamese French Toast.
- 9810 W. Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232
5. The Tasting Kitchen
- Do as the name says at The Tasting Kitchen. Experience the multitude of creative brunch options our neighbor has to offer and don’t skimp out on the delectable brunch cocktails. After you’re done, stop by our Venice office and say hello!
- 1633 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
6. Sunny Spot
- Roy Choi’s newest creation, Sunny Spot, is a Caribbean inspired “cookshop” with brunches that feature bright ingredients and hot spices.
- 822 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292
7. 26 Beach
- If you’re driving down Washington Boulevard this weekend, you’re likely to see a line out the door at fan-favorite 26 Beach. With a large selection of delectable French Toasts and pasta scrambles, there’s something to satisfy every taste bud.
- 3100 W. Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292
- Take a trip down memory lane to Flake for mouth-watering breakfast sandwiches and bowls of nostalgic cereal.
- 513 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
9. Joe’s Restaurant
- Enjoy fine brunch dining on one of Venice’s bustling streets. Joe’s Restaurant will fill you up with large plate options and keep you going with unlimited mimosas and hibiscus drinks.
- 1023 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
10. One Pico
- Spend your afternoon eating by the beach at One Pico inside the Shutters on the Beach Hotel. Try the lobster brunch for a fresh seafood experience.
- 1 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405
11. The Overland
- After 40 years, The Overland is still a neighborhood favorite on the Westside. Choose from one of the 50 items on their brunch menu as you sip on unlimited champagne.
- 3601 Overland Avenue, Palms, CA 90034
12. The Tripel
- Enjoy craft beers and fine American fare at The Tripel. We recommend the duck hash or breakfast burrito for your weekend cravings.
- 333 Culver Blvd, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
- The menu at Areal is filled with fresh, locally grown, sustainable, and organic foods. Our recommendations: take a bite into their homemade granola or short rib hash.
- 2820 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405
- Take a break from the weekend errands and enjoy a brunch at Fig. Specialty drinks are perfectly paired with 5-star meals including a bacon waffle a la mode with maple syrup and even bacon ice cream.
- 101 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Hit up one of Venice’s hottest new restaurants, Cerveteca, for fresh seafood and traditional Mexican dishes like chilaquiles.
- 523 Rose Ave, Venice, CA 90291
16. M Street Kitchen
- Fresh baked goods and gooey egg dishes make M Street Kitchen a can’t-miss for a weekend brunch.
- 2000 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90291
- Share tapas with your table or have a large meal to yourself at the Latin cuisine staple Mercado.
- 1416 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
18. Real Food Daily
- Leave brunch feeling good with an organic vegan meal at Real Food Daily. Try their gluten-free pancakes or veggie burgers for a healthy plant-based brunch.
- 514-516 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
19. Playa Provisions
- From the owners that brought you The Tripel, Playa Provisions is a beach-side restaurant with American comfort food perfect for Sunday Brunch.
- 119 Culver Blvd, Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
20. Cast & Plow
- Brunch with a breathtaking view. Eat overlooking the Marina at Cast & Plow as you peruse their omelet bar or sample their wide variety of potato hashes.
- 4375 Admiralty Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Want the scoop on local happenings every week? Sign up for The Weekly Pardee and we’ll personally deliver it to your inbox every Friday!