Pardee’s Picks: Labor Day Vacations and Staycations
With Labor Day Weekend around the corner, get ready to take advantage of your extra day off with a well-deserved retreat. Whether you prefer a secluded Lake Tahoe getaway or an evening sipping drinks right on the Malibu sand, we’ve rounded up some of the greatest destinations for a Labor Day Weekend vacation or staycation.
1. Book a weekend at the Monterey Plaza Hotel
- Take the PCH up north for a weekend at one of Monterey’s top resorts. Visit the Monterey Plaza Hotel for gorgeous waterfront views, five-star restaurants, and amazing spa packages.
- 400 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
2. Head south and relax at Terrenea Resort
- Enjoy top-notch golf greens, killer waves, and world-renowned restaurants on a weekend getaway to Terrenea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes.
- 100 Terranea Way, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
3. Rent a cabin in Tahoe
- Escape the LA hustle and bustle by renting a secluded cabin in Lake Tahoe. Spend the weekend jet skiing, fishing, and biking around the beautiful town.
- 992 Lakeview Avenue, South Lake Tahoe CA, 96150
4. Seclude yourself at Belmond El Encanto Santa Barbara
- Nestled in the hills of Santa Barbara is a hidden paradise. Belmond El Encanto offers luxury bungalows and non-stop room service, perfect for a relaxing long weekend.
- 800 Alvarado Place, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
5. Sip drinks at Moonshadows
- Kick off the long weekend lounging beachside with drinks. Head to Moonshadows in Malibu to relax with loved ones as you sip refreshing cocktails and take in the gorgeous sunset.
- 20356 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265
6. Eat fresh fish on the beach at Nobu Malibu
- Invigorate your taste buds with a fresh fish experience from Nobu Malibu. Dine on the patio to see the Pacific Ocean and the catch-of-the-day being delivered to the restaurant.
- 22706 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265
7. Walk the greens at Weddington Golf and Tennis
- Play the back nine this Labor Day Weekend! Head to Studio City’s Weddington Golf and Tennis for a round of golf or a tennis match.
- 4141 Whitsett Avenue, Studio City, CA 91604
8. Shop til you Drop on Rose Avenue
- Spend your extra day strolling down Rose Avenue for a shopping spree at some of the hottest shops in Venice. Find conversation pieces for your home at Big Red Sun, chic beach clothes at Lily Ashwell, or make a fashion statement with bohemian pieces from Me & Blue.
- Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
9. Meditate at Lake Shrine
- Step back from your busy life to clear your mind and meditate. Realign your chakras with a visit to the peaceful Lake Shrine in the Palisades.
- 17190 Sunset Blvd, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
10. Get a massage at Spa Sophia
- Let the stress leave your body with a relaxing Jade Stone or deep tissue massage from Spa Sophia.
- 1027 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Suite B, Venice, CA 90291
Want the scoop on local happenings every week? Sign up for The Weekly Pardee and we’ll personally deliver it to your inbox every Friday!