Pardee’s Picks: Pup-Friendly Spots on the Westside
Get ready to show your pup some extra love in honor of National Dog Day on August 26th. From beautiful off-leash parks to pampering spas to doggy treat bakeries, we’ve rounded up our favorite pup-friendly spots on the Westside.
See Spot Run
1. Airport Park
- Let your dog frolic free on four acres of greens at the Airport Park.
- 3201 Airport Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90405
2. Westminster Dog Park
- Steps from the Venice Boardwalk, Westminster Dog Park offers beachy vibes and wide open spaces for your pup.
- 1234 Pacific Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
3. The Boneyard Park
- A park made just for pups; bring your doggy to the pristine Boneyard Park. You can also get involved in the ‘Friends of the Culver City Dog Park’ group and help keep the grounds clean for canine citizens and their human friends
- Jefferson & Duquesne, Culver City, CA 90232
4. Pacific Street Dog Park
- Ocean Park’s canine playspace of choice is Pacific Street Dog Park. Your dog will thank you for the ocean breeze, shade, and the friendly dogs to play with.
- Pacific & Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
5. Oberrider Dog Park
- For the Playa pups, Oberrider Dog Park is a small patch of paradise with shade and wood chips galore.
- Bluff Creek Drive & Seabluff Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094
Dog Day Afternoon
6. Bark Williams
- Every dog needs some TLC. Family-owned and operated since 2004, Bark Williams has long been a trusted destination for pets, offering full-service and self-wash grooming.
- 2901 Ocean Park Blvd Suite 118 Santa Monica, CA 90405
7. Healthy Spot
- Treat your friend to organic eats and meticulous grooming at one of Healthy Spot’s Westside locations.
- 4718 Lincoln Blvd, Marina del Rey, CA 90292
- 1110 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, California 90401
8. Nature’s Grooming & Boutique
- Pamper your pet with top-of-the-line boutique toys and collars as well as a grooming using all-natural products at Nature’s Grooming & Boutique.
- 3110 Main Street Suite 104, Santa Monica, CA 90405
9. The Dog Bakery
- Celebrate your pup with a specially baked treat from Westside favorite, The Dog Bakery.
- 12112 Venice Blvd, Mar Vista, CA 90066
- Named the “Best Overall Pet Retailer” at the Global Pet Expo, Kriser’s Natural Pet’s team members will treat your pup right.
- 303 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
11. Bruno’s Venice
- Bruno’s Venice is the local source for top-line products for your dog, carrying only brands proven to be the best for your pets.
- 2012 Lincoln Blvd, Venice CA 90291
- Give your dog a fresh cut at Lucky’s. You can also drop off your little guy/ lady at their daycare so they can play with some new friends while you’re at work.
- 2709 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
13. Superba Food + Bread
- With a wide-open floor plan outside the restaurant, Superba Food + Bread is perfect for dogs and humans alike. Our own Tiffany Rochelle and her husband Paul Hibler opened this Venice eatery last year.
- 1900 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
14. Blue Plate Oysterette
- Enjoy fresh seafood and an ocean breeze at Blue Plate Oysterette. While you dine, your pup can relax on the shady patio beside you.
- 1355 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
15. Big Daddy Shack
- Choose from poke bowls, hand rolls, smoothies and more at the dog-friendly Big Daddy Shack.
- 79 Windward Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
16. The Cow’s End Cafe
- Grab a cup of coffee on your walk with your dog at Venice Beach’s oldest coffee shop, The Cow’s End Cafe.
- 34 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292
17. French Market Cafe
- Enjoy delicious sandwiches, custom brews and much more at French Market Cafe, which boasts a covered patio perfect for a pup nap.
- 2321 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
18. Cafe Gratitude
- Eat fresh vegetarian and vegan fare at Cafe Gratitude. Your pup is more than welcome to share the experience with you at their new Venice location.
- 512 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
19. M Street Kitchen
- Kick off the weekend drinking Bloody Marys and eating a delicious brunch with your pup by your side at M Street Kitchen.
- 2000 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405
20. Oscar’s Cerveteca
- With an aerated patio, Oscar’s Cerveteca will keep your furry friend refreshed and happy while you chow down on delicious Mexican dishes.
- 523 Rose Avenue, Venice, CA 90291
Want the scoop on local happenings every week? Sign up for The Weekly Pardee and we’ll personally deliver it to your inbox every Friday!