Pardee’s Picks: The Wow Factor
Even if you have been an Angeleno your whole life, the beauty of this town can still take your breath away. That ‘wow factor’ can be anything from the picturesque Venice Canals lined with stunning homes to panoramic views of the city lights and ocean. No matter your taste, these views from all over the city will make you want to be an Angeleno forever.
1. Santa Monica Pier
- Watch the sunset at an iconic Westside landmark. The Santa Monica Pier boasts beautiful ocean views along with carnival games for the family to enjoy.
- 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401
*image via Alik Griffin
2. Venice Canals
- Stunning water views and beautiful homes are plentiful on the Venice Canals. After spending some time here, you will want one of these amazing abodes to call home.
- Venice Canals, Venice, CA 90291
*image via XploreLA
3. Loyola Marymount Bluff
- Take in a panoramic view of the Westside. At the top of the bluff at Loyola Marymount University, you can look west for stunning ocean views and turn 180 degrees and see the twinkling city lights.
- 1 LMU Drive, Westchester, CA 90045
*image via Ethnomusicology Review
4. Bluff Trail Park
- After checking out the LMU bluff, take a walk around the Bluff Trail Park. This park surrounding the bluff is perfect for a romantic stroll or an evening walk with your pup.
- 1 Westbluff, Playa del Rey, CA 90293
*image via Emilio M on Yelp
5. Runyon Canyon
- Hike up one of Hollywood’s most iconic trails – Runyon Canyon. Bring a friend or special someone and take in the views of the Hollywood sign, the highly-coveted Hollywood hills homes, and the LA skyline.
- 2000 N. Fuller Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90046
*image via Friends of Runyon Canyon
6. Mandeville Canyon Fire Road
- A view worth the 8 mile hike! Trek up to the top of Mandeville Canyon Fire Road for an expansive glimpse of the city. There are even free binoculars so you can get a closer look at this beautiful view.
- 2652 Westridge Road, Brentwood, CA 90049
*image via Jules B on Yelp
7. Palisades Park
- The walk through Palisades Park is a trip to paradise. Enjoy a rose garden, a Pagoda, and art all along the park accompanied by the fresh ocean breeze.
- Ocean Avenue and Washington Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401
* image via David Zanzinger.
8. The Getty Center
- The Getty Center is breathtaking in its own right, but the views from the top are also to-die-for. Scope out Westwood and Downtown LA on your east and a prime view of the Pacific to the west.
- 1200 Getty Center Drive, Brentwood, CA 90049
*image via Justin Vidamo
9. Pepperdine Bluff
- Students flock to Pepperdine University for the ocean breeze and laid-back Malibu lifestyle. In addition to the beachy vibes, Pepperdine is also home to a world-renowned bluff that gives a 360 degree view of the Malibu beaches.
- 24255 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90263
*image via Pepperdine University
10. Los Liones Canyon
- On clear days, you can’t get a much better view than the from top of Los Liones Canyon. We recommend an evening hike so you can see the sun set into the ocean or city lights adorning the coastline.
- 566 Los Liones Drive, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
*image via Martin C on Yelp
Want the scoop on local happenings every week? Sign up for The Weekly Pardee and we’ll personally deliver it to your inbox every Friday!